26 Sep The Zero Waste Festival in Montreal – 1st Edition!
The 1st Edition of the Montreal Zero Waste Festival will be held October 14 & 15 2017, at the Bonsecours Market. This event’s mission is to spread the word about the Zero Waste lifestyle.
Admission is FREE to our conferences and Exhibitors’ Fair. To attend the workshops, you must buy your ticket in advance to reserve your place.
Your brand new to this lifestyle? No problem! Thanks to our exhibitors, you will be able to get everything you need to get started.
Workshops – Demonstrations (Admission Fee)
Participants will be invited to create, cook, repair and explore the Zero Waste lifestyle. Covered subjects are very diverse: DIY workshops (cosmetics, cleaning products, bags, etc.) as well as culinary workshops with renowned chefs!
- Preparing zero-waste lunches and snacks
- Organize your kitchen in zero-waste mode: tips and planning
- Making waxed cotton packaging
- When deodorant rhymes with toothpaste
- Transform before throwing
- Carrying change – DIY – Update a garment with appliqués and t-shirt into a scarf
- Zero Waste pastry with Pastry Chef Gabrielle Rivard-Hiller
- Zero Waste culinary workshop/demo with products Cristel (France) products with French chef Virginie Woo.
- Conference & tasting with Daniel Vézina, chef at the Laurie Raphaël
- And many more.
Zero Waste Conferences (Free)
Our various conferences will allow participants to get inspired by the stories of our Zero Waste experts. Many subjects will be addressed such as compost and recycling, financial / environmental and health impacts of a zero-waste way of life, minimalism, vegetarianism/veganism, local and organic food, planned obsolescence, etc. For sure our participants will be able to find answers to their questions.
- The zero-waste adventure with your family
- Peelings, everything you can do with them
- Responsible consumerism: reducing your garbage bin… And your bills?
- Adopt a Zero Wastage kitchen, one day at the time
- How to organize a zero-waste event: from a wedding to children’s party
- And other subjects.
The 50 exhibitors fair is there to introduce and promote the zero waste way of life: zero waste accessories, natural and environment friendly cosmetics, ethical clothes, active transportation, zero waste food stores, organic fruits and vegetables baskets, environmental furniture, goods and sandwich reusable bags, and much more!
For all the informations, and to get your tickets for the workshops, you can visit the Montreal Zero Waste Festival website.
SOURCE : Montreal Zero Waste Festival